QuestGarden News

News about the ongoing development of QuestGarden, the authoring tool and online community for WebQuest designers.

Friday, August 19, 2005

The Downside of Google Maps

I love Google Maps, if you haven't been able to tell by my previous posts here. But there's a price to pay for depending on the brilliance of someone else's software. Today, all of a sudden, I got reports of people having trouble signing up for QuestGarden. All looked well from a Mac, but from Windows I got an error message saying the Internet Explorer was unable to display the page and will now abort. Turns out that for some reason, mostly under Windows but at least once from OSX.3, Google maps thinks that the key I'm using is for a different web site.

It's not just me. Others were reporting strange things on the Google Map API forum.

So I had to remove that feature from the signup page until this gets resolved by Google. Too bad. This is how a workshop being conducted today in Lancaster, PA looks:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home