QuestGarden News

News about the ongoing development of QuestGarden, the authoring tool and online community for WebQuest designers.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Hats Off to Beta Testers

No new features added lately, but several little things fixed that I would never have known about if there weren't a lot of new users coming in and finding things amiss. Having the luxury of a 17 inch PowerBook toasting my lap has sometimes blinded me to how the site looks on smaller screens. Aggie in New Jersey helpfully pointed out that the submit button on the Appearance module was out of sight on a typical screen, thus making hard to change the looks of things. Now fixed by adding a scroll bar to that frame (but only when needed).

And today, for reasons at first inscrutible, the map suddenly stopped working. Something at Google's end? Nope. The problem was that Bindu D'Souza logged on and the apostrophe that her ancestors thoughtlessly acquired centuries ago threw everything off and confused the Google Map API. Now fixed by outputing all user-inputs within double, not single, quotes as I should have done to begin with.

For the next few days I have to throw myself headlong into redesigning a course I'm not even teaching this semester. As recreation, though, I hope to add the zip archiving feature here some time duing that stretch.

2 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger Ric Murry said...

I have been waiting (im)patiently for QuestGarden to premiere. It's September 1! It's 1:00 p.m.! I need QG!

I can't wait to see this new tool. Thanks for all your work.

WebQuest/Filamentality user/designer since 1997,
Ric Murry

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm in and going to be showing it off at a CTL/pICT event on Sept 8.
Go to http://ctl.sdsu.edu/ for info.

I like the name too. It first reminded me of Zen Garden CSS community.
Suzanne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home